Sunday, July 12, 2015

Tending the Turmoil

It's been a while since putting virtual pen to paper. While life has not ceased in its fascinating array of experiences, I've favored keeping my thoughts more confined to live conversations and old fashioned ink on the page. This year has proven to be full of some powerful experiences. Some have been tragic, some comic, and others filled with strong emotions somewhere in between. Whatever the occasion, each has proven to be anything but pedestrian. I've grown more grateful for my spirituality and for the circle of loving people I hope close.

Looking at the current items of significance staring back at me, I am reminded of the phrase I have referenced before and am fond of, "instead of asking for a lighter load, ask for a stronger back." I feel that has been routine since moving into our new home in a blizzard just days shy of New Years. I do not believe in a God that beats me down, but one that provides just enough to make hitting my knees feel like the right surrender. I am continuing to be reminded to surrender often. When I listen, I am set free. If I can be honest, that is the answer I seek through most of my irrelevant questions.

Though today holds a few heavy questions, I know I can be free. I ask my silly questions that are as pertinent as "what color is the life boat," and then I set forth. Today I asked, I try to listen and then hopped on my bike and rode. "The answers will come if our own house is in order." Simple, but not always easy. 

1 comment:

mommasita said...

Quietly innerspective and very thought stirring Captain......baby steps and trust the process.