Monday, July 7, 2014

Be Nice Jerk!

I've been struggling with getting distracted by negativity lately. This is a bit of a newer turn for me, not being positive, but the feeling dragged down by others. I used to actually be pretty content just knocking everything. It wasn't that hard, you just mocked everything and felt kinda ok doing it. A good friend put the kabosh on that when he posed to me that tolerance meant listening to opinions that I did not agree with. That also struck me as part of that 1st amendment I had so liberally used as an excuse for speaking out against anyone and everything. That is not the point here though. What I have made habit of has been trying to be more positive and just doing right as it's the right thing to do. It doesn't matter if it's noticed or not, that's truly not the point. What has been getting my attention has been just how many people lately that I've noticed just being mean or worse aloof. I don't want to notice this so much, but lately I have. I wanted to just throw that out there and get it off my chest. Staying focused on my shit though keeps me less stressed.

No comments: