Monday, January 8, 2007

Baby Vicious



So here it is at long last, the promised picture of my new niece, Sydney Marie Coleman! I know I am an ubber dork about this, but I frankly don't care. This little girl was the highlight of my difficult trip back to Colorado.

After finisjing a 70hr week PA'ing, I hopped on a flight to Denver and just managed to miss the blizzard. There were still several make-shift camp sites when I arrived at DIA. In my state of sleep deprivation I bemused at the odd similarity I witnessed over the last 24 hours. The last night of the shoot was in and over the LA River. There were virtual cities of tarps, shopping carts, and trashbags down there. DIA was similar if bums all used Northface jackets and Tumi luggage. Ok, so not similar, but I was tired!

Once in Colorado, the snow never stopped. While I was there I saw another 18 inches fall on the city that gave me one stinking snow day while in school. It was so beautiful. LA has made me ache for winter and I definitely got some. Plus, it was nice winter. Not like Chicago that will inevitably make you hate your life while waiting for an Express bus downtown. I even got stuck a couple extra days due to the mere threat of a new bad storm coming in.

Returning to LA has been a rollercoaster thus far. I have had a couple PA days come through, a couple auditions, and began rehearsals for a stage show in February. Life has been busy. I still feel like I am catching up from last month. If I don't look too far ahead, LA can be tollerable. That means I am not even thinking about tonight yet...

1 comment:

Nate said...

Glad you had a good trip - we're still sorely lacking in winter here - maybe 2" of snow on the ground with lots of bare patches, and so far it's been so warm the broomball games have all been canceled!! This morning it's more normal, but I doubt it's enough to catch up making ice for the game we're supposed to have tonight. We'll see.

...and what was last night that you didn't want to think about?