Friday, September 11, 2009

Role Call


Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Tennesse, Kentucky, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma... this is where I have been in the last 3 weeks. None of which were layovers, but highway treks across. I just finished another job with Caldera in Florida. It involved 6 days of driving a truck in a caravan (3 all together) 11 hours a day alone. Truely some introspective time. One of the things I walked away from this cross country excursion was how fortunate I am. I am fortunate to have a home and family, not only by blood but my happy band in Chicago. I am also fortunate to be employed. While so many good people around me (my family included) are struggling to find work, I have maintained a peicemeal, gainful employment. Like many others still holding jobs, my work has tripled in time and effort, but I still have a job. So many I saw across many states do not. I am also glad to have seen so much of the country. It's easy to forget how vast it is. It's also easy to forget how much we have in common. This may all sound a tad gushy, but it's where I am at. Thank you to all that take the time to keep up with my misadventures.

1 comment:

Pedro Garcia Millan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.