Monday, September 28, 2009

PAWS Run For Their Lives



I ran the PAWS Run For Their Lives 8K again on Sunday. It was fun to do a race for the second time. Last year, this was the first organized run I had ever tried. This year, I am a couple weeks away from trying my first marathon. It was a blast getting to walk there with Estes and Tiff. I knew I should take it easy as I had aggravated my left ITB, but it felt good that morning, so decided to put a little more speed into my run. Later I figured out that was a bad idea. For the run it was fun as hell though. Estes had a ball as well. Seriously, they gave her a ball. She destroyed it. Here was my result:

PAWS 8k Run for Their Lives
Chicago, IL -
September 27, 2009


Name: TROY COLEMAN
Place: 51st
No: 141
Nettime: 36:28
Pace: 7:21


Out of the 803 that ran, I feel pretty good about this. Plus, last year I ran at 8:46/mi and finished 204th. I am excited for the big 26.2mi. I have to suffer through not running a few days though to get this ITB back under control. It was such a treat to have Tiff and our puppy there too. They are a tremendous cheering section to finish a race to!

No comments: