Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ch, ch, changes...

A new year and and a new resolve to take on an old enemy. Smoking and I are again doing battle. I was hoping it would be a potential new year's resolution come true. I made it 3 days and fell into a minimal crutch behavior. While having 3 - 4 a day is such a considerable improvement, I know it would not last. Plus, in a less than smart maneuver I refused to stop using the patch. Everyday I am aspiring to do battle with this monkey on my back. As of today, I am riding my 6th clean day. I am doing better this go round and even manage to forget I am trying to quit something. I am running hard to forget as well. Hopefully this will benefit the marathon training to begin in a month. Stay tuned, with luck I will soon be able to smell the rain again.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

I am cheering you on with the whole quitting smoking thing. I know how hard it is. And the running is awe-inspiring as well.

ROSI MATOS said...

I LIKE SOFT DRINKS AND I LIKE COFEE ALL DAY..BUT I HAD TO QUIT A LOT..IS BECAUSE I WANT TO BE ALWAYS SLIM, AND....MY SMILE WAS BECAMING SO YELLOW..NO MY SMILE IS WHITE..AND IF YOU TAKE SO MUCH SOFT DRINKS AND COFEE, THE RESIDUES COME TO THE MOUTH...MY DENTIST EXPLIANED THIS TO ME..
BUT ANYWAY YOUR POSTAGE IS NICE
A HUG FROM BRASIL
ROSI