Sunday, January 24, 2010

Little bit of history repeating...

I am again on the road to begin work for Caldera here in Colorado. It was tough to take off and leave my little family, but I know this is the next right step. It also bemuses me to no end how I attached I become to my surroundings. As I was riding the bus to the airport to head out here on Thur, I was marveling at how much I enjoy Chicago. All the while, I knew Colorado would soon hold an identical sway over me in but a few hours. It's like a degree of predictable insanity knowing I will be switching so quickly. As a good friend put it recently though, and I like its better implications, it's wonderful to have two places you WANT to be. So true.

I am also disappointed to report that the battle with smoking has not been going as well. Temptation remains a weak place for victory still. While the few times I have fallen to the cigarette are but a drop in the bucket comparatively, the tap the is easily turned on with little or no fight I have seen. I am remaining determined to not let up on this resolution and will accept that it might mean facing several days as I have with a less than perfect battle record. As long as I don't just say "fuck it," I will remain optimistic. They say that is the only way, to just stay after it.

As for the job out here, it looks to be some time here in Loveland to be followed with a road gig. We'll see where it takes me, but rumors seem to indicate it will be out west. Yeah! Back in the truck! That will be fun, just hoping to not be solo for as long this time around. No 11hr shifts, man!



Stay tuned good buddy!

No comments: