Monday, July 19, 2010

Can Not Connect

Ever forget your cell phone when going out? There's that initial panic/frustration. Then, at least for me there's a small relief in knowing no calls can be made or received for a while. It's a nice reprieve to me. As of late I have been wanting to forget my phone intentionally. That would defeat the purpose though. Why stage an accident when I can just be an adult and acknowledge I don't want to deal with it? After all, my cell is for my convenience not anyone elses.

It's been more than just the phone though lately. I've actually been enjoying the wi/fi outage at our aptartment for the last week. No Facebook status updates unless I was hardwired, no Netflix watch instantly on the PS3. It's kinda been nice. Hell, I haven't even been checking emails at work that much. That is probably less good though. Heh.

Personally, I have never been that need it or hate it with all these tech conveniences, so finding myself uninterested has been new. It's just been nice to unplug.

No comments: