Saturday, July 31, 2010

Getting there

The invitations are out (mostly). The plane tickets have been booked. So much for the wedding is done and yet the to-do list still seems endless. Tiff has been extraordinary. Her trip to Ohio for her shower ended up with several decisions finally made. I am so grateful for all she is doing. It amazes me how much there is to getting a wedding planned. I now understand why there is an entire occupation just to plan these things. There are some brilliant moments of victory and excitement. Those are the times that make the endless questions that make no sense more bearable.

On the other hand, it has continued to reinforce how much I love her. Despite several ideas throughout my life as to what I thought my wedding would or should be like, I have come down to the simple desire for one thing. I just want Tiffany there and to say yes at the right moment.

No comments: