Friday, October 15, 2010

Getting Ready for New York

It was like whiplash coming back from the wedding and jumping right into the height of my training schedule for New York. The last couple weeks have been some tough mileage and this is my last big week. So far so good. The two experiences I have had with marathons have been so different with Chicago and Minneapolis. One was effortless and the other I hit a big wall. I enjoyed both, but for very different reasons as well. I am mostly trying to remind myself to have fun with this. It would seem to me that if I can do that, good results will come. I may actually be able to break the 4:00 mark. My training runs have been all over the boards as far as predictions on what I can do as far as time goes, but I know if I am having fun, that is the most important thing. It also seems from experience that the crowds will be a fantastic help.

For the few interested I am posting the link to the NY marathon broadcast info. It's nothing shy of amazing to me that I will be in an event that is broadcast nationally. Here is the link: http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/broadcast_schedule.htm

That's it for now, off for my "short" run of the week, 5mi. I know the course in New York is tough, so I am trying to get out and hit the hilly roads nearby. Hopefully the combination of embracing the hills and alttitude of training at altittude will give me some strong endurance for the Big Apple.

Looking for suggestions for a shirt to wear. If you have an idea, let me know.

2 comments:

Codeface said...

Chain mail? How boss would that be? I vote for a chain mail shirt.

mommasitta said...

Look out NYC and "The Kenyon's" her comes CAPTAIN STUPIE! Run Troy. Run Troy!