Sunday, October 31, 2010

One week and One hell of a year!

It's one week till the new york City marathon. The gamut has been run both physically and mentally already and I am peacefully content for the upcoming run. It's a fantastic opportunity to reflect when training for a marathon. There are a lot of quiet miles out there with little to do but put one foot in front of the other and think. This has been an incredible year already and there are still 2 months left. Thus far it has included a new job, cross country move, 2 marathons (and their 17 weeks of training each), and getting married. It's been anything but normal most days.

With the marathon in sight and little to do but try and sleep and eat well, I feel like I am getting my first chance to really take it all in. It's truly been one wonderful experience after another. I was talking with Bill yesterday and able to to put my finger on the most incredible common thread. Not one of these big events has occured because I was unhappy where I was at. I came to love Chicago before I was give the chance to come home to my long loved Denver. This has been the case each time. I am humbled and grateful when considering this

It still makes me laugh to remember vividly telling friends a couple years ago, "I think I want to try a marathon because I just think I could."

As far as the NY trip coming up, I am excited. I think it will be a lot of fun. I have reflected long hours on the wall I hit in the Minneapolis marathon and feel confidant I can adjust. Plus, it's New York! This race is so big, it's nationally televised and broadcast in 135 countries. It makes me laugh that this habitual smoker, often sporting combat boots is about to be in a nationally televised sporting event. Life takes some fun twists.

If anyone is interested in tracking the Stupie, my number is 39833,

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Stay centered! Stay focused! Stay in the moment! AND Run Troy Run!