Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday from the other side

I'm sitting here at the mall on Black Friday. The only reason I'm here is because I have to work. Oddly, today is not nor ever has been a holiday as far as pay goes in the retail world. For those on the other side of the counter, there are fewer days as tough to work. It's not that it's unreasonably busy (which it is), but that most people seem to forget they are in public and dealing with people at these stores. They get ugly and tale it out on the folks just trying to do their job. While I know there are other lines of work, it's hard to see so many hard working people being so poorly rewarded. I say Black Friday should be deemed a mandotory holiday pay. Hell, most places can afford it today. Me, I'm observing Buy Nothing Day.n

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Well said and good for you! I participated in the Buy Nothing Today camp! Sad that not only on Black Friday but much too ofter that concept of "treat others and you would like to be treated" is forgotten! One of the greatest gifts anytime is a smile for both the giver and receiver!