Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bike Blues


So, at long last Tiff and I hauled our bikes to the bike shop to get them ideally fixed and more likely diagnosed. Both bikes had significant work needed. In fact when mine was up on the pedestal and the rear wheel was spun, it looked like the tire was going t wobble off. The verdict was that there was enough repair work to warrant looking at another bike. I am torn here. I would love a nice, new, working bike. However, I am in serious love with this bike for nothing more than sentiment. It has some nice features, but on the whole it has seen better days.


What to do, what to do? I don't really want to part with my great steel frame Bridgeport, but I don't want a busted bike I can't fix around either. Just because I now have space, I don't want it filled with sentimental clutter. We'll see what happens. Tiff and I are planning a trip to a bike shop in Ft. Collins soon. Who knows, I may fall in bike love there.

No comments: