Wednesday, December 21, 2011

DEN to CLE

"Ah."

The simple relief of sitting at the gate at DIA, ready to board our flight. There is such a routine to get just to this point. Getting the dogs to my folks, packing, and repacking (packing once again). The profuse gratitude to Scott for wheeling us here. Then the circus of TSA security. I enjoyed the full body x-ray only to be pulled aside, have my fingers swabbed and tested, patted down and asked, "do you have a gun on you?" No lie.

Yes air travel is luxurious and fancy.

Tiff and I are off to Ohio for Christmas. I am excited to see her family and will miss mine. It's still the greatest gift every year to spend it with family. As I get older I appreciate ll the work that goes into gathering around the Christmas tree on December 25th. Hell, even the cost of the tree has meaning now.

However, my time is up and we boarding momentarily. As is tradition from Denver International Airport, I bid you, my 4 readers, adieu.

No comments: