Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Marathon Musing

The marathon is only a few days away now. This will be my 5th marathon. While that seems like both a lot and not much, I keep reminding myself that I have only been in this position 4 times before. While there is some comfort in its growing familiarity, 26.2 miles never loses its intimidating size. So much can happen both around you and to you in that time. There are virtually no ways to prepare for everything. Personally I use an 18 week training schedule, tweaked through experience to best aim for prepared. I feel good about it and particularly like the week off option late in training, albeit I rarely take it off.

To run a marathon is an exciting prospect, regardless of the number done before. If anything, you know "the wall" after mile 20 better each time. I am excited to once again put my training and faith to the test. My goals are alway set up with HAVE FUN first.


So far, I am 4 for 4 on that one!

No comments: