Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Get by with a little help...


"I get by with a little help from my friends."

How true that is. I have never failed to be impressed with the people around me I get to call friends. It is usually just amazing the people I get to walk with. In a short amount of time, many of us are gathering to cellebrate our friend Scotty's big birthday. These opportunities to connect are fewer than they used to be. You know, when getting together was as easy as hopping on the CTA or even just driving across the major metropolis of Ft. Collins (Man, remember when driving out to Harmony Rd. was far?).

This cellebration this weekend marks the 12th birthday of my friend Scott Mowery. I have known him as long as I have known many of the people coming out. I moved away last summer to give the City of Angels a shot. It was the first time I lived more than a mile from any of this group. We talk on the phone routinely and seem to keep finding each other. We now are scattered in major cities all over the country. Minneapolis, New York, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, and even little old Ft. Collins.

What gets me by though is knowing these incredible people are in my life, if not my time zone. This is getting way fucking mushy, but fuck it... I'm sure there'll be enough to rag on them about by Mon.
Today I am just excited though. These are the people (for the most part) who have seen me though everything in the last decade of my life. Not often to you get to say that!

Happy Birthday Scott... pack the Well's step, you're not as young as you used to be!

1 comment:

Nate said...

Man, I wish I was out there... Instead I'm stuck in snowy Mpls - literally. Well, almost literally, I'm not stuck yet, but they're saying we may get 20 inches by Friday afternoon, and my freakin' flight to Vega is supposed to leave that afternoon! So, here's hoping the weathermen are wrong and the MSP plows are awesome...

(as for mushy sentiment - right back at you. :)