Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th and 4th







The 4th of July was truly a blast. We joined Freddie and Laurel for a BBQ.

Now there seems to be a humorous route by which the actual grill joined us. When Cody, Laurel and I lived together on Belle Plaine, Scott, Jason, and Noah lived here. They had close ot 5 used grills lined up on the fence out back, not moving in the least. Cody and I figured they might not miss one of them, so with the aid of my Metro we "borrowed" one. We used it all summer and enjoyed it thoroughly. When it came time to leave that apt., Cody and I both were also leaving Chicago and lightly. Laurel kept it and eventually moved in upstairs from the boys here. They brought the grill... back actually. So here it is again, with a new grill.

We enjoyed Jenny and Clayton, Colleen, Rick and even Cody's company. The food was great and we eventually went up the Freddie and Laurel's place to play Rock Band. That was fantastic. Hell, even Tiff gave it a crack.

After everyone departed, Tiff and I made a last minute choice to walk down to the lake to see some fireworks. We almost made it but opted not to at the last minute. Instead we watched from our "L" platform. We saw a couple and that was good, but more importantly we enjoyed the company.

I am officially at 4 weeks now without a cigarette. That marks my official move to "Step 2" patches. So far after 20 minutes, all I can say is they are smaller. Oh, and my 2 mile run yesterday was under 14 minutes. That was pretty good for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 4 weeks. Now you have "weeks" of clean! love ya

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Fireworks from the train platform-love that pic!

Congrats on making it another week! Every day w/o cigarettes is truly a triumph-Colleen