Monday, January 26, 2009

A friend in need

I had been intending to do this sooner, but the need is still great so I am weighing in an effort to help. Thanks Chris for the reminder.

A friend of mine I met while working with Defiant Theatre was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Will has been an non-stop, working actor here in Chicago for many years. He, like so many of us though, does not have insurance. There has been a mass outpouring of support for him, and with his consent several efforts have been launched to raise money for him. This is an amazing town as far as theatre folks looking out for each other. I am told he has vowed to fight this with everything he's got and many of us are trying to buy him as many rounds as he needs in that ring. From the few shows I has the good fortune to work with him on, I have no doubt that his "everything" is more than enough.

If you can give a little, please do. I know it's tight right now for many of us, but this is how we get through these tight times... together.

Will Schutz



More on the story.

1 comment:

aworkinprogress said...

It's terrible that so many of the richest nation's citizenry go uninsured. I'm glad that your friend has good friends like you to advocate him. I'll get what I can in the pot when I can (not next paycheck, but soon!). In the meantime, my good thoughts out to him!