Thursday, October 8, 2009

3 Days To Go

With only 3 days left before the marathon, I am excited to finally get running on Sun. This is the calm before the storm around the home front. My parents are coming in tomorrow for their first visit together. It also marks the their first visit since 2004, so I am excited to have them here. Several friends are making their way to Chicago as well, to either run or cheer. It will be fantastic to see everyone together again.

I also have been forced into a chill week by virtue of an incredibly rare bout of illness. I can't remember my last cold and yet as of Mon. I stopped fighting the obvious and accepted being sick. With the newly cool temp.'s I have avoided running much over the last few days to expedite getting healthy again. Today is still funky, but it feels like it is on the ebb. It has been a challenge to just focus on rest and food over the last couple weeks anyway, so this forced rest could just be a blessing in disguise.

As for any nervousness about the race, I am pretty ok. I realized last week I was actually a shade nervous when my compulsion to buy new gear hit a fevered pitch. I did not go on a shopping spree, but the urgency I wanted to let me see their were a few well concealed butterflies around. I think it will go well and am just hoping to be completely healthy in time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you did it, baby! great job!!!! 4:11, rock star runner.
~Tiffany

aworkinprogress said...

In case I didn't say it before, I'm very proud of you for setting a goal & meeting it. Good for you. xoxo