Monday, August 8, 2011

So That's Breathing

I decided to test my potentially injured feet with a 4 mile run this morning. My aim was to go slow and take it easy. That goal is always easy for the first couple miles, but I inevitably speed up. Today I had some extra help from my failing ipod and nike+ system. Generally it lets me know how far I have been going, but my regular routes now are pretty established. It most often just keeps me aware of my pace. Not today though. It seems after my 14 mi last Fri, I should have docked it for today was fatal crash after fatal crash. Not low battery, just reboot death cycles.

This, however gave me more chance to focus on the breathing and try to time my strides better. I have read it should be 4 steps to breath ratio and got to try it. Not bad, but it would shift back to a quicker ratio when I stopped paying attention. Guess it worked out the way it was supposed to without the music to distract or speed me up.

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Interesting recounting. Almost as if I was there with you. So proud of your dedication!