Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Visiting

Last weekend was a whirlwind of close friends flying in to see Scotty and Mereth tie the knot. It was fantastic having everyone in town and getting to see them often over the last few days. Now, Tiff and I are getting ready for her folks first trip out to Denver together. I am very excited to see them. It struck me though how when you are traveling you life goes on hold and the same seems true for those visited. It's not as though one doesn't continue to do all the things they need to, but the focus has shifted. It's like a leaving the room and still hearing the program. To me the visting friends and family are truly the exciting part and where my attention goes. None the less during this brief down time I feel like I just got home as well. Odd.

No comments: