Monday, June 10, 2013

Beat the Heat

It has just gotten down right hot here in Denver! I am not a heat guy by any stretch, coats are my thing. It's tougher to get around  and not go crazy when it gets like this. I am reminded of my growing up in Houston where the survival technique was to focus less on the heat and more about moving through it slowly. It also does little good to constantly complain about it. No one is in charge of the big thermostat, so why bother with all the wasted energy? Complaining also just keeps reminding me it is unpleasant and offers nothing but negativity wherever I go, even if the feeling is universal. Trying my best to keep positive and move slower. After all, Fall is but one losing Cubs season away.

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Well said captain, well said!