Friday, June 7, 2013

Normal Hours

My new position has regular hours and I am finding the adjustment challenging. All my friends who have been in the regular working world for some years are laughing their asses off at my struggles. I have never had set hours before in my life and the windows of time before work and after seem to close so quickly. It took me a day each to paint each of the rooms in our home and they were done by dinner. I have been trying for a week now to finish the painting in the last bedroom and it still isn't done! I know the timing while get better as I adjust, but I feel a little like I'm walking quickly on ice. At a least I got a run in before work today!

1 comment:

aworkinprogress said...

Personally, I still haven't made the adjustment yet! I was soooo used to working to excess in spurts, then being able to take solid chunks of time off.

That said, a steady work week does make planning for life-outside-work a little easier.

Happy weekend, my friend.