Sunday, April 6, 2014

Next Marathon Charity

My next marathon here in Denver is only a couple months off and it has been a new challenge to get my charity lined up. I am interested in running for Beagle Freedom Project, an organization that helps provide dogs tested in labs a life after testing. They are a small, grassroots organization that foes some remarkable work. I didn't know prior to learning about them that beagles are the most common dog used due to their forgiving nature or that after they served their time as test dogs they were destroyed rather than given a chance to live a life like a normal dog of they were capable.

After running for PAWS last fall, I truly wanted to dedicate my affinity to running to do some good as well. The tough part is that BFP is small enough that they don't have a program for charity running. After many emails, a work around solution has been found and I just need to set up an external fund raiser page. That's my goal today. I have no amount I need to raise this time, but know any amount I can bring in will help them, especially as I will not be costing them anything.

Stay tuned for more info or go to the Beagle Freedom a Project website to see more on the organization I am looking to help. They are not a shock organization with horrifying images but one that really focuses on the good they seek to do. 

No comments: