Sunday, March 1, 2015

Run Again

I just completed my my first run in 4 weeks. It felt so good to be able to run again. I've been pretty grateful for the ability to run most of the time I have been running. By all accounts, I should not have become a runner. None the less, in 2007 I started running and have not stopped. That is, until I did a stupid stunt 4 weeks ago (not really running related). I've had 4 weeks to reflect.

Over the last few weeks I discovered a few things. When I'm not running, I don't make nearly as much laundry. I don't quite have as predictable an appetite (which is usually voracious). I wasn't quite as sure when showers were needed (but did figure it out). I also found myself watching runners in the 70's and in blizzards with envy.

I'm glad to to be on the run again though.

1 comment:

mommasita said...

Welcome back to your familiar running world Captain! Limitations be damned :)