Sunday, September 2, 2007

My checks match my license...

It seems a running diatribe, the moving from LA rant. I am not so much interested in discussing that factor right now. I know I will be here a shade longer. I accept that for now. Hell, it hasn't been all bad. I got to be in a huge Toys R Us commercial last week for a day instead of PA'ing for them. That was great. I now have a ticking clock for joining SAG too, the letter arrived today. Looks like I am to evolve as a performer to union. I am excited. My true passion is in live performances so I don't care if I never spend a blistering weekend in a condemnable tannery doing another artsy student film that will disappear with said student.

I am in need of a place to live though while still in LA. I am so tempted to keep my apt. on my own and just try and pony up the extra dough. That does not seem smart though given SAG wants its hefty initiation fee and the US Dept. of Education wants me to actually start paying them back. I am also entertaining the idea of just wandering a bit. I have big trips coming up over the next few months and when I am here working, I really just need a bed and a shower. Have Jeep, will travel?

I am sad though for so many reasons to see this chapter coming to a close. Even staying on Beachwood, it won't be the same. That is a huge understatement. So where to go, where to go... it's hard playing Ouji by yourself, you know you're cheating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Inform me of your next trip back to CO. I need to find my way home soon and will try to coincide if I can. :D