Thursday, September 20, 2007

Soon to fly...

The work has continued, at least through tomorrow. As it stands now, Tiff and I will be hitting the road for Chicago next week. I won't lie, seeing both the Mile High City and the Windy in one-trip sounds pretty good. It's going to be a little harder than just a sightseeing trip though.

Life seems full of contrasts right now. As soon as I have time off during business hours, I will be going down to the SAG office here in LA and join the union. I am glad for that. I have worked with but a handful of days off in the last 2 months. That should mean financial security. However, the adage of the more you make the more you spend seems to be true. My initiation fee and a new apartment could mean I am back to square one. Maybe life is but a big game of Monopoly, cross Go and get $200... land on the wrong space and the $200 is going back. Then you do it again.

Sometimes I miss smoking.

Then again, I deplore weakness and am trying to see that crutch as just that sort of beast. At least to me.Life is changing. Keep stepping forward. Is it better to be thrilled by life, innocently? Is that "just perfect?"

I wonder sometimes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to be in CO? I'm tenatively heading there at the end of next week...

magickat said...

Congrats on making the decision to join the Screen Actors Guild. I'm positive that you are making the right choice. It is a wonderful feeling to be a part of this wonderful community and feeling good only encourages more good things to come your way.

Enjoy your trip.