Sunday, October 30, 2011

Away Team

I just got back from my folk's place. I was there to watch the Denver Broncos game. For years I have championed the Broncos from away cities. It still feels odd to be cheering for the home team again. I appreciated the resolve it took to support a team from a different town. In a way it was a point of pride too. There was a certain underdog appeal to it. I am a little thrown to walk through the grocery store and now see plenty of Broncos, or odder yet for a fan from out of town, Rockies gear represented. I kinda miss the standing tall yet somewhat alone nature of cheering for my Mile High teams while not residing here. After all, I did recruit Sox fans (wearing purple and black) to see the season opener at Wrigley Field when it was a Rockies vs Cubs bout. Maybe its just a level of underdog support I miss.

No comments: