Sunday, October 16, 2011

Little Boxes...


As I was walking the dogs this morning through my little developing neighborhood, I kept taking note of how my neighbor's yards were coming along. We all have moved into this area within the last year or so and thus are roughly all getting our yards installed at the same time. I am particularly proud of our yard. It is less about it being the next Versailles an more about the fact we have never managed a landscaping endeavor. Even the simple aspect of a drip line was new (and still a mystery to me).




 What struck me as an appeal to this all new world we have here is the idea we get to truly establish how it will look. Tiff and I look at trees that we are determining their size at age 20 now. That is an odd perspective for career apartment kids! I am terribly pleased with out few trees, grass, and rocks. Tiff has some brilliant ideas for down the road too. Who knows, the sprinkler system may actually make sense to me by then.

No comments: