Thursday, October 20, 2011

Finding a New Gear

One of the things I have missed most from Chicago has been riding the bike all the time. While I have weighed and considered several ways to add more riding to my life here in Colorado, one staggering fact has held me back further than all others. My bike, she is falling apart. It seems my last winter of riding in Chicago took its toll. The last attempt to ride her, I experienced 2 flats, a shifter that would not drop out of high gear, and as insult to injury a head light that was burned out.

I am excited to report that she is in the process of being brought back to life. The laundry list of repairs includes items such as truing the rear wheel, replacing both tubes and tires, new cables, etc. I am ecstatic though. While it remains impossible to ride to work daily, I have discovered how to get downtown from my distant neighborhood by trail. Additionally, there are enough things near me I can ride to that are just far enough to annoy me to walk to.



I am thrilled to be restoring my bike rather than replacing it. There is a bond here and I am glad to be able to gain a few more miles. Stay tuned for Colorado riding tales soon. Can't wait to ride through the snow here!

No comments: