Sunday, February 19, 2012

Drunken Litter

I was out on my long run today in the rural landscape surrounding my new neighborhood. It was a 9 mile jaunt and thus I covered some roads I usually don't run on very much (or anyone else for that matter save a few cyclists). What I noticed was an unbelievable amount of litter the entire way. That boggles my mind that it is still ok to some people to just toss a bag or can from the car? Then I noticed a further concerning trend. Every minute I would see a beer bottle or three. For a while I notched it up as more depressing litter until it hit me, these bottles are coming from cars on the road. While I want to believe they are all from idiot passengers, the odds seemed poor for that to be entirely true. I suppose if you are dumb enough to drink and drive, littering isn't really much of a concern either. I will be sure to not run that route on my next full moon run though.

No comments: