Sunday, August 25, 2013

Home Run

I decided to try something I had thought about doing since moving downtown. I used my training run to literally run home. That is, my parent's home. My route combined some straightaway and some twisting trails. It was truly more fun to be running somewhere as opposed to a giant loop or an out-and-back. My entertainment was cut a little short as the heat jumped quickly past the upper 80's. It was a modest relief when I shuffled into my parents driveway and my Dad told mr the temperature on the back porch was 102! I was not as much a Tom Cruise as I was afraid I was. It truly was that hot.

None the less, it was a good run. Plus, despite an overwhelming fear my Camelbak was close to dry, my 14th mile (of 16) was my fastest. Score! I also got to sport my new Team PAWS singlet I will be wearing race day. There's still time to donate, click here.

Glad to be out of the heat though!

No comments: