Monday, August 12, 2013

Update on Team PAWS, the Denver Division

After a concentrated effort at fund raising for PAWS over the last several days, I find myself at a bit of a loss as to what to do now that I hit my modified goal. I had originally (and naively) sought to raise $3000 and run both the Denver Rock 'n' Roll Marathon as well as the New York City Marathon. Shortly into my first effort at fund raising, I realized I had been over ambitious in my goal (fundraising that is, I still want to try back to back marathons). I let go of my spot on the NYC team and focused on Denver. I changed my goal to $1000 and launched my ___ for $20 campaign. There was such a blitz of support, I hit and exceeded my goal by Sunday. I am gratified to have earned so much for a no-kill shelter.

I still want to get them more, but am glad to just focus on my running.

No comments: