Friday, November 1, 2013

Staying Focused

I fly out tonight on a red eye to New York City for the marathon on Sunday. It's a butterflies in the belly type of day knowing all my prep an planning is about to kick into motion. I am confident all will go exactly as it should, but there are still nerves surfacing right now. I will be traveling to one of the largest cities in the world alone and navigating around solo for the next few days. I consider myself pretty adept on this aspect, but it doesn't stop me from the occasional jitter. Actually running on Sunday will be the easy part, my course is laid and easy to follow. What I keep reminding myself of is I can not get on the right train until I am on the platform and to not concern myself too much with the unknowns till I can figure them out. I can do plenty of research, but like all of life, the moment I am in is the one I need to focus on. Besides, I know I will not actually be alone while I am there. Regardless of physical company, I have a wealth of help to rely upon and take great comfort in knowing where I am grounded. I am only alone if I forget all that.

1 comment:

mommasita said...

Butterflies and angles are with you! God and many of us are with you in spirit! R U N fat boy R U N !!!