Saturday, November 26, 2011

Riding Colorado Winter

I am thrilled to have the bike back and running smooth. It's a little tough to be considerably far from most places to ride, but I have a couple of the most desirable spots within quick rides. I can get to the gym, a coffee shop, a couple decent quick bites and occasional sushi. That allows for a few good rides. I am also looking forward to stretching the distance some and ride out near the runways by DIA and the Platte River trail towards downtown.

The cold wasn't too tough either, although it is a very different cold from Chicago. I am thrilled the layering tricks from the Windy City worked so well. Despite a considerable higher temperature, I was warm and not hot.

It just felt like freedom being out whirling down the dark road on two wheels. I don't know how to explain it, but a lightness follows me on my bike out  on the open road or trail. The same comes from being out on a run longer than 10 miles. It's impossible to describe, but it is fantastic.

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Everyone who has experienced that awesome feeling of self freedom also knows there are no words to properly convey it........... You did well captain.......