Saturday, April 12, 2008

Live from Wicker Park!

I am checking in from our sweet house sitting gig in Wicker Park. Well technically I think we are in Bucktown, but close enough. Tiffany's friends Shannon and Zubair just bought a place here and we are house/dog sitting. for them. It is a beautiful, new home with a very modern feel to it. By comparison to our sweet studio in Roger's Park, this feels like a palace. In some ways it is though. The marble floors in the bathroom and basement are heated. Envy not only me but my happy feet.

I other news from the artistic front, it has been a more exciting week to be sure. I am officiall on hold for a day on a feature film in May. That seems to be a step away from booking, but as I learned in LA, nothing is guaranteed until they have you on film. None the less, I would get to do a scene with the star of the movie. Un til the whole thing is more for sure, let's just say it's one of the stars from the new Ocean's 11 movies.

Yesterday, I had an audition for a big casting director here in Chicago. I tried an unconventional route to get them interested and it worked. I finally got to go in and read some comercial copy for them yesterday. It went fantastic and the interview went very well. At the end I received the bittersweet compliment that had they seen me 4 months ago they could have used me in the new Depp/Bale movie being shot here. A great compliment, but makes you wince a little too at the near miss factor. None the less, more positive signs. I am having a lot of fun with my approach to acting right now. Being much happier where I live is seemingly influencing the way I approach getting work.

I am also getting quite a bit of work from Caldera to design. I just wrapped up a new design for their business cards and have a wopping 9 renderings to get done this week. It's fun, but I am still struggling a little with making those more efficiently. I am seeing progress though and am excited to get to do more art. As Cody reminded me of yesterday, this is the year of Bringing the Art Back.

So far so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done. It is the journey, not the destanation, that should be the most fun! love ya