Saturday, November 7, 2009

Patience

Patience is not one of my virtues. I occasionally think it might be changing only to discover it was just stubbornness with a shiney veneer. I am referring in this particular case to a number of life events that have developed recently for which I can do nothing at the moment. From loved ones losing jobs in our "improving" economy to as simple as waiting out a suggested 2 week hiatus from running to repair ITB issues. I also have another person close to my heart fighting an ailment to which doctors have told her they don't know what it is and what can be done. They were good enough to tell her it could very well be terminal. Nice. Somehow she has the grace to continue to tackle even the most mundane daily tasks without complaint. I think of that when I feel irritated by some of my recent issues and feel very humble. I have a job (or three on occasion), and place to live, family, and food in the kitchen. For the most part, my needs are all covered. Hell, I am in a better place personally than I was when times were supposedly good for all. Yet, many of the things that I can not force out of my head when trying to go to sleep are of the nature where I can do nothing first hand but offer up my prayers. I know that is not a minor thing to do, but I am more the type that would like to have his hands a little dirty with effort. As it stands though, I must remain supportive and available, should I be of service to those working through their tough times. Patience. It would seem that is less of a virtue and more of a description of being willing. Right now I am that. Right now.

No comments: