Sunday, July 21, 2013

Clutter Removed

We spent some time at my folks place this weekend. Like so many parents, they have been housing several stray boxes from previous moves. I am grateful they have permitted my using some of their basement for so long, but it has bugged me to have that stuff there. I just dislike clutter and while it was not clutter in front of me, it is my clutter. A few of these boxes landed there when Tiff and I moved back to Chicago from LA in 2007. That stuff only made 1000 miles of the distance and have remained only modestly touched since then. Anything of use in them has been replaced and several items of sentiment, no longer have much sway.

I jumped into the pile this morning with the aim of finding some books. While I never found the books, I eliminated a lot of unnecessary clutter. Some of the boxes were even high school era. I had a penchant for collections when I was younger which led to some ridiculous boxes of crap. After filling 2 of my parent's trash cans and setting aside 3 boxes to come to our home, I feel it was a good chunk of stuff handled.

Perhaps next round will eliminate it, but today I feel better.

No comments: