Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Simple Run Down


I started running to keep my mind occupied. It worked. Then I started to like it. All of a sudden I said I would do an 8K for a friend's team at PAWS Run For Their Lives in Chicago. A little later, while waiting to cheer a friend in the Chicago Marathon, I hatched this idea I'd like to try that.

It has been 4years and 6 marathons later. According to my sports watch, I have now run 4,284 miles since October 2009. Each time I show up to run a race, I see the folks that are raising money for charity and think I should have tried.

This year, I am attempting to run 2 marathons this fall to benefit PAWS Chicago. They do great work everyday and I am trying to help them for the next 3 months.  If you can spare a moment to donate, wonderful! If you can ask a couple people you know to donate, unbelievable! No matter what, I will be giving them something to continue their good work.

I hope you can help me! I have not asked before and it is uncomfortable to do so now, but I am trying.

What do you want to do?

Here's the link…

Spread the efforts by liking my humble Facebook page too.

No comments: