Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Turn Signals

I have some pet peeves just like everyone. They aggravate me a little as they make me nuts with very little provocation. It "damages my calm" as was succinctly put in Serenity once. The one that's been coming up a lot lately has been people that don't use turn signals. As a routine city bike rider, it bugs me on a safety level, but I don't trust any cars so it's generally just annoying. When I am driving and a car makes a turn with no signal, it just pisses me off. Tiff summed it up great once when she said, "it's not for you." It's also lazy, a trait I abhor. The effort involved in signaling is ridiculously low and yet people frequently skip that small courtesy. In fact the lack of courtesy is probably another reason it irks me. I am not sure what it is about driving, but it seems to bring out the least hospitable in people. To yield and let someone in or not tailgate a driver not going as fast as they are allowed seem unusual. The matter of time saved in zipping along is negligible. Being an asshole lasts longer. I especially don't understand when people plaster their views and favorite places/teams all over their vehicle and then drive like a jerk. Poor representation.

Yet I digress. Turn signals. Just flipping' use them. It's not for you.

No comments: