Sunday, July 28, 2013

Rain on a Sunday Morning

It was one of those rare grey days in Denver this morning. There was a slight drizzle coming down and the air was cool with little breeze. In short, it was a perfect day for a run. I just got back from my 14mi. long run and unlike yesterday, I feel fantastic and energized. Those that know me know I love stormiest days. How I have come to call a state with 300 days of sunshine home is still a bemusing mystery to me. None the less, when these rare gloomy days do come by, it picks me up. It was easier to run 14mi. today than my 4mi. yesterday.

Regardless, I am glad to know these little nuances about myself. Just as my resolution for 2013 focuses on the Good, it pays to know a little about what drives you. For me, getting out on a grey Sunday morning and running through some of Denver's beautiful, historic neighborhoods feels as uplifting as a revival to some. Now at home, enjoying an amazing mocha from Pablo's and listening to my eclectic music library on shuffle (Bad Religion just transitioned to Etta James if that tells you how varied it is), I am happy. These are my Good influences.

For a guy that just about lost it all when I was younger, I am humbly grateful to experience all of this today. 

No comments: