Thursday, July 4, 2013

Half on the Fourth

My first half marathon this morning went well. I placed 44th overall with a time of 1:47:57. I went into it with no expectations and tried to remind myself to just have fun, I did not need to run fast. None the less, I am starting to find when I pin a number on that is a losing battle. Unfamiliar with this distance as a race, I tried to remain conservative till the turn around. On the second half, I found myself getting faster and more competitive than usual. I wasn't a jerk out there at all, no interest in that. What I was interested in was pursuing runners in front of me and passing them strongly. I had the legs and the air and no love for the rising heat. Thusly, I poured it on some and by mile 10, I was kinda alone out there. I finished strong and had a great time. My dad and I went back just before the finish and cheered for the runners still crossing the line. It was a great experience!

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Love to hear about your runs........so neat you still have the passion!