Friday, December 15, 2006

December stretch


Ah, the days are short and the sights and smells of the holidays are in the air... Well, the days are short at least out here. I am trying to find my best course of action with the upcoming situations and changes. There is a strike occuring in the production field out here. It does not include PA's but it happens to include our bosses. Now here is the difficulty for me. The people I work for that look out for me are on strike. I am not being asked not to work in the least, but at the same time it is hard to accept that I am going to try to do my job well and thus counter their efforts to disrupt our work. Honestly, I wish I could just forget about work for a spell and join them, but this is December and I have Christmas and Jan's rent on my mind. So, I go to work. Today has been a maelstrom of calls from the folks taking over this job. Slowly but surely they are starting to see me as their go-to guy as I know the director's quirks. This is gratifying as one that enjoys acknowledgement for his efforts, but difficult for the reasons already listed. On top of all this, it's a week or so before Christmas. When we begin shooting here in LA, I will be consumed with work till I leave. This is a lot to take in.

I also just had the wonderful opportunity to spend time with a close college friend, Tanya. She came out to visit for a few days and it was so damn good. Having been out here for five months now, I have forgotten how great it is to spend time with a friend that knows you so well. I am tired and homesick and well. Here's to that holiday cheer, where ever you are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you were wishing for a white xmas.
You don't know your own strength, boy.