Thursday, May 10, 2012

Easy Does It

Easy does it are words I have been battling to love for many years now. They seem to be at the forefront of my thoughts as of late… again. There are some major changes and issues that feel like they are better suited to charge forward, guns blazing. While action is required, my choice is rarely the bast way to go. Currently I get to do what I can to affect change and remember, as always the results are out of my hands. It requires faith. I dig that, but less so when I want the guns blazing option. That's seems to be where the value of easy does it plays. While to some of my friends (dubious they read this) would laugh at the rudimentary nature of yet again realizing I am not in charge, it seems a lesson I was yet again needing. It's good to have a faith that can expand when I realize I had foolishly corralled it too tightly.

Oh, and it doesn't help much that I am now in the taper period of my marathon training where I am actually supposed to run less, eat well, and sleep as much as I possibly can.

God's got a good sense of humor, but his timing has style.

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Well stated darlin!