Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Please Be Careful!

A friend of mine Ruf-ied last weekend.

I am referring to the date-rape drug that can be slipped into a drink without notice. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape_drug#GHB). She was at a bar she goes to on a regular basis and had no thought of danger in such a familiar setting. As it turns out that saved her in the long run. She was soon surrounded by friends that joined her late and the would be assailant left, presumably to another bar or party.

Take some time to just reaffirm you are being cautious. I am not talking paranoid alertness, but caution. Most of us live in fairly large cities. Keep an eye on your drinks. Let a friend walk you to your car. Stick around till they OPEN the door before driving away. Seriously, these predators are the worst scum. I hate that they may try to hurt people I know and love and I did not even say anything.

It just happened to a friend in one of the last places I would have guessed.

No comments: