Sunday, December 26, 2010

Candy Cane Hangover

The day after. It always has a strange introspection for me. After hearing my first Christmas song of the season in early October, it's odd that the day itself is now completed. It went well and as per usual there were the surprises, twists and turns, the loved ones not close enough, and the gift that made you sure the tag could not have had your name on it. It was grand though. What's strange is the new outlook that, with the exception of New Years, there is not another holiday insight that wields nearly the same punch. If anything we begin the 3 month stretch of talking about the weather. For a change, I will get a chance to focus on some daily maintenance. That sounds fantastic to me, I don't know about you.

Here's hoping that the big day yesterday found you well and there were moments you can still think about that make you smile. Happy Boxing Day to all and to all a good day, eh?

No comments: