Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Staying present

It has become a big challenge to stay present as of late. With the signing of a house we can't move into till next summer, the mind is often drifting to the future. What will the house look like? What will the commute be like? How will the dogs react to a yard? All of these are fun questions to think about, especially for someone that has never had their own home. However, the future is a dangerous place for my mind to spend too much time I have found. When I spend too much time thinking about the future or the past, my present gets neglected. When that happens, I tend to lose out on a lot of great moments. While I would like to spend lots of time considering what it will be like to have a garage to work with, it keeps me from appreciating where I am right now. It's fun, for sure, but I am also so aware that where I am right now is pretty damn good too.

No comments: