Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Momentum

So much seems to have been happening so fast this year. It's startling to realize that this time last year, Tiff and I were living in Chicago with very few of today's realities on the horizon. I think we only knew about the wedding, but certainly not the date at that point. From the time I left for tour in February, it has been one big thing after another. All is good, but wow it has been a lot. While we are so happy with each step, with it happening so fast it is tough to not feel frequent pangs of sentiment. We both miss Chicago a lot. It became our home and is a fantastic city. That being said, there are signs of new love in our Denver home. It takes a while to get established, especially when the elements that make it feel like home aren't always the easiest to find. A good Thai place. The coffee shop that feels familiar. Even the spot you go to to get away. All of those type of things become home after some time but there is no getting around it taking some time.


With a home now under contract, we have fulfilled one of our major goals. It has also left me feeling a little lost for the last couple days. I don't have a marathon I am training for and there are no houses to seek out when I get home. I find a ton of momentum all of a sudden crashing into my back. What d I do now when I have some precious down time? I started running again yesterday and will head over to the gym today before work. The bike needs serious work (post on my pioneer ride to work in Colorado to come) and I can start figuring that one out. I still work in retail at Christmas time, so at least the job is anything but dull currently.

There's a lot of energy without a clear direction right now, but it's good. Maybe now we can find that coffee shop that feels like home.

No comments: