Monday, December 27, 2010

Nostalgia

Over the last couple days, the memories of Chicago have been playing pretty constant. One of my goals before leaving the Second City was to figure out why people like living there so much. I did and then some. It was a fantastic town to live in for the better part of the last 10 years. Always I had this belief that Colorado would again become home some day. I am not sure if it's because there was such a brief time to realize that someday was about to happen (3 weeks to be exact) or that my affinity for Chicago was going to take longer to say good bye than I imagined, but its been tough. I know I have a natural tendency to desire the greener grass, but it's hard to remind myself of that when it has a good grip on the mind. Chicago became home and Denver has always been home for me. When I can get out of the mental tug of war and just enjoy that I have a couple great towns vying for the title of home in my head and just enjoy home much appreciate them, it helps. From Mile High City to the Windy City, I miss ya!

No comments: