Monday, September 8, 2008

Go Go Gadget Troy

Taking my time before boarding my Frontier flight home to Chicago to drop a line and try and catch up both of my readers on my whereabouts and plans.

First, I am flying back to Chicago after a fun and successful trip to the west coast with Caldera. I left Chicago on August 23rd and o'dark hundred and before I knew it was on the road with Josh, Scott, and Noah in a duel 26' truck caravan.


The trip out was smooth, aside from a broken side mirror. We spent a week setting up event after event for Black Entertainment down at La Costa in Carlsbad, CA. There was even an opportunity or two to grab some In & Out Burger (grilled cheese for me) and jump in the Pacific. Super fun job.

We got back to Colorado on Thur and I have been enjoying seeing my family. That niece of mine is getting cuter and cuter. My new nephew is adorable too, but not quite user friendly just yet. I was able to get up to Estes Park for the Scottish/Irish Highland Festival as well and had a blast with the few friends that made it. I stopped in Ft. Collins on the way home and caught up with a handful of folks before turning the Jeep south for another late night trip down I-25.

That brings me to present to the airport I am sitting in.

From here I am going to Chicago for a couple days with Tiffany. Far to little time with her for sure. I fly out to LA on Wed night to do another PA job. My regular team asked for me and I thought it would be a good job to take. It kinda saddens me a little though as Tiff and I were supposed to be heading up to Minneapolis this weekend a la Megabus. That trip will have to be rescheduled. I will be in LA till Sept 27th. Have no fear, I will be back in Chicago in time for the PAWS 8K some of you have been kind enough to donate towards. Then I may (or may not) be heading back to Colorado to wrap up the PA job as they are shooting here for 3 days.

Whew.

Pictures to follow, but now I am boarding. See you again soon!

2 comments:

aworkinprogress said...

Wow. Sounds like you are keeping way busy! Enjoy your respite & let's catch up soon.-C.

SevenLegs said...

Road labor is a fine life, isn't it? Any interest in doing rigging work? You would kick ass with this company I roll with.

Outstanding pic of "catch the baby" btw. I can not wait to play that game! (Just a few more months...)